ALFS profile syntax, version 2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 14 17:25:33 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:58:35PM +0200, Nicolas Nieswandt wrote:
> we have to find a standard for this. All profiles I
> found had another nameing style. But that's no big trouble.

The old syntax style wasn't meant for mass production. It was a quick
'work-out' for us to see what's possible. While it generates great
profiles and alfs programs work well with it, it was never suited nicely
for expansion or to support complex 'weirdities' so we decided to
re-implement the syntax from scratch and this time keep scalability in
mind too for a change.

I have no comments on the syntax at the moment, i got a backlog of
emails here to work though and my main focus is on LFS at the moment, I
have an LFS-3.0 book to whip up in shape.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org