Who is working on profiles and many other questions

Nicolas Nieswandt Nicolas.N at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 04:02:27 PDT 2001

>> Is the already someone who controls the making of profiles?
>> roryo was working on gnome profiles is anybody on kde ?
>
> Hmm, not sure if I've seen any mention of a KDE profile.

Ok, I will start it, because I need a desktop manager.

> Ahh, the alfs website.  I'll put a link there to the profiles in cvs.
> In cvs I'll reorganize a tad.  How about:
>
> ALFS - profiles + - base
>   |             |
>   |             + - blfs
>   |             |
>   |             + - tools  (cfg2xml & xmldebug)
>   + -- oldPerl + - Nevan_FE_BE
>   |            |
>   |            + - Mike_Hack
>   + -- nALFS...
>   + -- docs...
>
> Sound good?  Comments?

This will be a good start.
If the amount of profiles is growing to fast (hope so) you could split the
blfs-dir.

    + - blfs + - general

             + - networking

             + - libs

             + - X11 + - gnome

                     + - kde

Maybe there could be a dir for "console" or "apps" .....
But I think it's enough to extend the structur later, when we have hundreds
of profiles :)

nico

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org