Who is working on profiles and many other questions

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Sep 13 21:25:57 PDT 2001

There are some more from Mike @
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~flake/ALFS/profiles/testing/

> Is the already someone who controls the making of profiles?
> roryo was working on gnome profiles is anybody on kde ?

Hmm, not sure if I've seen any mention of a KDE profile.

> What about the Syntax Hint, at what state is it ?

I'll post the current draft of the new syntax now.  Boy am I lax  :/

> Should/Could we share our profiles in the ML ?

Yes!  =)

> What I have done so far :
>
> console stuff :
> - zlib
> - cvs --with-zlib
> - openssl
> - openssh
> - wget --with-openssl
> - gpm
> - ncurses --with-gpm
>
> X stuff :
> - freetype2
> - mesa
> - doctools
> - X11
> - glib
> - mc --with-gpm
> - vim --with-x

Wow, that's a lot!

Ahh, the alfs website.  I'll put a link there to the profiles in cvs.
In cvs I'll reorganize a tad.  How about:

ALFS - profiles + - base
  |             |
  |             + - blfs
  |             |