rc1 profile

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Mon Sep 10 15:04:00 PDT 2001

Hi all, wanted to see how people have been handling a little problem I've
encountered writing profiles for LFS-3.0-rc1 (or rc2). In the build of some
packages, the first being bzip2, we're using CC=gcc -static. My first
thought
was the construct

param1="CC="gcc -static""

which i see is what others went for too. Does this actually work for you
guys ?
I don't get substitution of " in the 'old' perl implementation, and
can't
come up with a way around this without an explicit setenv. Any thoughts ?

Ta
Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org