LFS-3.0-RC2 has been released

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 9 07:51:18 PDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 04:36:20AM +0100, Paul Campbell wrote:
> Execelent.  Another one to build, just for fun.
>
> One request,  or maybe there is such a thing already that I haven't found,
> but a diff of the tarballs would be good for peeps with slow connections, so
> you can just download what's been upgraded without checking through the whole
> list ever time.
>
> I suppose I can just use the ftp progam to compare directories.  Or I could
> read the book changelog.  Okay I've answered my own question, oh well.

Those changes are listed in the book's change log in chapter 1.

Go to the secton of the release you're reading (the top section as this
is the latest release), you'll see:

    * Updated to:
          *	sysvinit-2.82

So the only change made to the tarball (other than the version) is the
upgrade to sysvinit-2.82 (I should say update, sometimes there's a
downgrade, like when we changed from the 2.4.9 back to the 2.4.8
kernel).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org