INN - Pretty much ready to go

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 6 19:21:43 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 03:51:49PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> A mailinglist <--> newsgroup bridge will be setup and groups like
> lfs.discuss lfs.apps alfs.discuss and so forth will be setup and sync'ed
> with these mailing lists.

It's kind of setup.

There's a newsgroup called lfs.mail-bridge and a mailinglist
test-list at linuxfromscratch.org

when an article is posted, it goes to the list and vise versa. There is
one problem I haven't been able to fix, but i've muffled it away for
now. The problem is when you post to the newsgroup, a copy goes to
listar, and listar will want to send a copy back to inn. A mail loop.

This is stopped by INN and a warning it sent out that the duplicate has
not been posted. Right now, all errors from the news2maillist part are
sent to /dev/nulll

Effective, but not great, since it could email me other stuff that I
should address. So it's not 100% perfect by far, I'll have to see if I
can do anything with listar, like have it check for a certain header and
then not sent it out back to the newsgroup, somehow.

If you gusy want to see it working, subscribe to the test-list
mailinglist and to the lfs.mail-bridge newsgroup and post some back and
forth. I'd appreciate it to see how it holds up.

And thanks for all those tests to the lfs.test newsgroup, all is working
great so far.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org