Profiles archive

Paul Campbell paul at cmm.uklinux.net
Mon Sep 3 02:20:31 PDT 2001

Hi, Flake,

You mentioned in your post about other backend/frontend parsers like nALFS
and a new aLFS, as well as new syntax etc.

Would it be a good idea to decided which syntax and backend to use now,
rather than have half people write profiles for one backend/syntax and some
for others.  This could be a real pain in the end.  And I'm not sure which to
learn properly.

I'd love to get into wrting profiles, but unfortunately I'm choosing on
cutting my teeth adding to the LFS3.0 base profile, to copy over essential
sysconfig etc from the host.  Things like /etc/hosts, inputrc, and
/etc/lilo.conf etc. and 'll need to work something out for /etc/fstab.  I say
unfortunately cause making these additions useful to all would be near
impossible as you can imagine.

I'm off to see what the prospects of a 3.0rc1 profile are. :)

cya
--
exec su -c 'mount -a && ls /mnt/* -d | grep "win" | xargs rm -fr'
paul at cmm.uklinux.net
http://www.cmm.uklinux.net
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org