X11 - site.def

Naitik Shah naitik at flashmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:22:30 PST 2001

I'm trying to use the new profiles by Nicolas Nieswandt to set up my new LFS

system. I'm stuck on the X11 profile. According to what I read in the X11-4.10

readme, I need to configure 2 files, host.def and site.def. The lfs-duron package

that the author gives has the host.def file. I dont exactly understand what
the
site.def file is, and how would it be possible to get a site.def file that could
be
used with any display card (i'm not sure if it is display card specific at all!).

Also, if i have the config file for the kernel, instead of going through make

menuconfig i can simply copy the config file to .config in the kernel source
tree
and continue as normal, right?

These are probably old questions, but I couldnt find anything in the archives

that would solve my problem. :(

Naitik.