LFS profile using the new syntax

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Oct 27 08:35:42 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 10:57:37PM +0100, Mark Ellis wrote:
> Been doing a bit more reading on Xinclude, quite frankly its cool stuff but
> unless anyone wants to implement it properly, with network capability,
> Xbase blah blah, we might as well have a simple home grown <include>
> element. Maybe way down the line we could try gnome-xml instead of expat
> and get all these funky multi function xml gadgets :)

I haven't looked at Xinclude yet (except for a quick glance at the docs).
The reason I would like that we implement <include> is that it would be,
as you said, home grown - it wouldn't have any unnecessary stuff nor lack
any ALFS-specific things. And it would be just another handler which looks
nice and clean to me.

And the reason I chose expat in nALFS (and I also had a simple libxml
support long time ago) is somehow similar - simplicity. libxml is much larger
and has a lot of interesting and nice features, but we probably wouldn't use
half of them.

But of course, we could always try it.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org