LFS profile using the new syntax

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Oct 27 08:35:38 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 11:18:05AM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> This would be a profile "version" so to speak.  This would be important
> at some time a dependency tracking system is added.  'Cause just some
> installation details could change and the actual program version could
> be the same.  YearMonthDayHourMinute is just an arbitrary way I thought
> of. At worst it would guarantee no versions would conflict for the next
> 7998 years or so  ;)

Ah, you meant something like an element's ID... (I hope so) :)

Yes, it sounds interesting. Not only for dependencies, it could also be useful
for that <include> element for example. It would allow including the specific
package in case there are more with the same name/version for some reason.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org