LFS profile using the new syntax

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Thu Oct 25 14:57:37 PDT 2001

On 2001.10.25 16:27 Neven Has wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:12:30AM +0200, Nicolas Nieswandt wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2001 06:15 schrieben Sie:
> > > 	Geez, so much to say now, and little time to write.  :(  I do
> > > think it may be a good idea to add versioning to the <package> tag.
> > > Maybe serial# style like with DNS masters and slaves?  Best maybe in
> > > numrical date/time format:  YYYYMMDDhhmm?
>
> If you could explain a bit what you mean, you lost me here. :)
>
> I don't suppose you mean <version> from <package> (being just a simple
> program's version).
>
> > > separate profile for each package and then a "master" profile to tye
> > > them all together if people still think this is a good idea...
> >
> > I hope, this is the next item on the todo-list.
>
> I would like that we try with <include> element, which could give us a
> lot
> of interesting new features (I posted an example on this list).
>
> It's very easy for implementing, if I get a green light for it? :)

Been doing a bit more reading on Xinclude, quite frankly its cool stuff but
unless anyone wants to implement it properly, with network capability,
Xbase blah blah, we might as well have a simple home grown <include>
element. Maybe way down the line we could try gnome-xml instead of expat
and get all these funky multi function xml gadgets :)

Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org