LFS profile using the new syntax

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Tue Oct 23 21:15:26 PDT 2001

> Phew... finally. Converting the LFS profile took a few days,
> and it's not a very fun thing to do. ;) It's well worth it
> though, it looks much nicer and more readable than the old one.

	Wow, you went and did it; great job!  Now, I'll have to start
updateing the ADG.

	Geez, so much to say now, and little time to write.  :(  I do
think it may be a good idea to add versioning to the <package> tag.
Maybe serial# style like with DNS masters and slaves?  Best maybe in
numrical date/time format:  YYYYMMDDhhmm?  I also like the <execute>
tag, nice and intuative.  This would go along with trying to make a
separate profile for each package and then a "master" profile to tye
them all together if people still think this is a good idea...

	Right now I blew away my LFS and debian here at home.  I've
gotton ahold of MDK 8.1 , just to test out the LFS competition and then
will promptly nALFS the system!  :)  More comments to come.

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org