LFS profile using the new syntax

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Tue Oct 23 15:22:30 PDT 2001

Hi Neven, looks nice, hope we get a bit of discussion going on this, so far
it's been difficult to get anyone to bite :) A few comments on the syntax.

1) I like <execute> instead of system_command, more self explanatory.

2) With links, type still seems more natural as an attribute rather than an
element, since it has only specific values, what do you think ? I suppose
it really doesn't matter all that much either way. Also, passing -f in a
param doesn't seem right, maybe we should have another attribute or element
for force. I dont think we want arbitrary command parameters except where
strictly necessary. Then again i suppose there is the nightmare of patch if
we go down that path.

3) Stick with search_replace, its what it does.

be created in <mkdir> ?

5) make install becoming make with parameter, brilliant, so simple, why
didn't i think of that :)

Haven't had an exhaustive look yet, so so busy, but very cool.

Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org