LFS profile using the new syntax

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Oct 23 04:18:08 PDT 2001

Phew... finally. Converting the LFS profile took a few days, and it's not
a very fun thing to do. ;) It's well worth it though, it looks much nicer and
more readable than the old one.

I used the syntax posted here a few times, but with some changes. There were
some elements missing and I also renamed a few.

New nALFS version is also released and it now supports this syntax. If you
want to use it, just put "2.<whatever>" in version attribute of <alfs> element.
Anything else will be parsed as an old syntax profile.

All this, doesn't mean that this syntax is complete and set in stone - you can
take it as a "release candidate", bunch of suggestions or whatever.

We should now all agree about it and make it complete - renaming some elements
like <search_replace> or some of those "parameter elements" (like <base>) can
be done for example.

Any comments, no matter how small they were, are welcome. It would be nice to
make this syntax good, so we don't have to do a lot of changes in the future.

Neven