how to start : second phase

Joost Molenaar a.molenaar4 at chello.nl
Thu Oct 18 02:10:03 PDT 2001

> The problem is, and I dislike the setup too,
> that you have not placed your packacges inside the
> chroot enviroment where the system can get them
> once locked in there.

>Unfortunately you can't initially mount partitions
>inside there as there is no mount command etc. yet.

I don't use (n)ALFS because I made my own scripts (to learn sh) so I don't
really know if I'm gonna make sense, BUT:

can't you just mount the partition on which the LFS packages are *before*
you enter chroot? I do it this way and it works fine. It would be the last
thing you do in chap 5.

Hope to have inspired u somehow,

Joost

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org