More Profiles (Tidier)

Paul Campbell paul at pauls.bsrg.dnsq.org
Mon Oct 15 02:06:49 PDT 2001

Lo.

I was finding it difficult to try and maintain, my
ever growing batch of profiles, keeping them in seperate
directories etc.

I have placed them all in one single file called mother.xml

These profile/s are for seasoned ALFSers only, as you
probably won't be able to use them out of the box.

The DRI builds and things require configuration files
to be loaded in (from the pacakges directory).
I found this the easiest way to do this.  You will
doubtlessly have to hack them up to get your
preferences out of them.

Most of you can simply hack the sections you need out,
just remember to meet the dependancies, or remove the
configure options if you don't want to meet those deps,
for the features I have choosen.

If you dont want to go hoaking through your source for
the host.def etc. There are some on my home server.
http://guz.dnsalias.org/  -- downloads ALFS stuff --
aux_files.tar.bz2

I'm not sure how to attach something with Tin, so if nothing
arrive with this, download the profile from.

http://guz.dnsalias.org/

I will also try and  put a copy on my "real" site at

http://www.cmm.uklinux.net/alfs/

Incase I'm off line.

I have not recieved any comments about these, and I
know they are a bit specific to my setup, but this
earily days, and I would love some help in opening
them up a good deal.

Please let me know what you think.

Paul
Cya.