how to start : second phase

Paul Campbell paul at pauls.bsrg.dnsq.org
Mon Oct 15 01:52:33 PDT 2001

"Anson Chan" <chancho at netvigator.com> wrote:
> the program stop after "chroot". i think it is perfectly make sense. so, the question now is : how can i run nALFS after chroot ? any sugguestion ?

I persume that it stops with an error like:

	/usr/src/packacges3.0/Glibc-2.2.4.tar.bz2:
	No sych file or directory.

The problem is, and I dislike the setup too,
that you have not placed your packacges inside the
chroot enviroment where the system can get them
once locked in there.

Unfortunately you can't initially mount partitions
inside there as there is no mount command etc. yet.

Here is the XML you need to insert to get it to
work fully automatic.

Again you will need to edit the paths to get the
desired reaults.

AT THE TOP IN ENTITYS place this

<!ENTITY orig_packages "/shared/lfs/src/3.0">
<!ENTITY packages_dir "/usr/src/packages-3.0">

Change /shared/lfs/src/3.0 to the location of
your LFS-3.0, packages directory

NOW Just before the first package is unpacked
put this.

<mkdir dir="&LFS;">&LFS;&packages_dir;</mkdir>

<system_command dir="/">
        cp &orig_packages;/* &LFS;&packages_dir;
</system_command>

This will make the pacakges directory as above in

/usr/src/packages-3.0

and copy all the packages from the
&orig_packages; to the &LFS/usr/src/packages-3.0
directory.

I hope this helps.  It should give you some ideas
anyway.

Paul
Cya.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org