Some Profiles for You

Paul Campbell paul.bsrg at cmm.uklinux.net
Thu Oct 11 12:04:08 PDT 2001

Hi,

I have recently got into ALFS in a big way.  Especially since
finding nALFS.

I am currently trying to automate my entire workstation OS.
The included profiles are much to this effect.  I have completed the
profiles listed below and offer them for download.

The projuct itself is taking most of my time, so I can't say these are
perticularily tidy.

READ THEM FIRST (obviously)

Most of them, especially the CVS ones.  Are designed to work in
CHROOT on the host system, while you get on with other things.

Also note that I keep my sources off host so that both parent and child
can aceess them easily.

( CVS for me just means, that these are the profiles I am currently
building with and are thus probably not usable by you with out
some editing.

(Too big as tar.bz2) Download them from:
http://www.bsrg.dnsalias.org/alfs/
or
http://www.cmm.uklinux.net/alfs

You can lift the example aux_files, like hosts.def etc if you want.
Also the myttfs.tar.bz2 is there, DONT DOWNLOAD IT, it is not
OpenSource ;=)

Comments and critique are very welcome.

Contents of tar balls.

LFS-3.0 - base (I believe it was a neven 3.0rc2 I updated)
Kernel - (using yes "" | make oldconfig )
gpm.xml
links.xml
lynx.xml
openssl.xml
zlib.xml

libpng, ungif, mng, tiff, lesstif, xml2 , jpeg
(thanks david for saving me some typing)

dri_x11.xml (X4.1.0 3dfx glide)

nfs-utils.xml
openssh.xml
portmap.xml

tcp_wrappers.xml

reiserfsprogs.xml

lib.xml
QT
Cups (only as a dep to KDE)
KDE2.2 libs + base + artwork + network + graphics + admin + utils
GTK+
Glib
blackbox.xml
fonts.xml