Website updates

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 11 10:42:06 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 12:46:36AM -0400, flake at sedum.tommyk.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Well, I've gone ahaed and updated the roadmap page quite a bit.  The last of the
> updates won't be live for another 4 hours of so.  cronjob runs at 0005 PST to
> update the web DB or what ever it does  ;)  Comments appreciated as usual.
> Still much more work to be done, including writing a whole page summerizing more
> on the New Syntax.  I'll be steadily working on adding to the pages and
> continuing to work on adding/organizing profiles in the cvs.

What it does is:

gerard:~$ cat /usr/bin/update-alfs-site
#!/bin/sh

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anon at cvs.linuxfromscratch.org:/home/cvsroot
TMP_DIR=/tmp/alfssite
HTML_DIR=/home/httpd/alfs.linuxfromscratch.org

[ ! -d $TMP_DIR ] && mkdir -p $TMP_DIR
cd $TMP_DIR
cvs export -D now www/alfs
cd $HTML_DIR
rm -r *
cp -a $TMP_DIR/www/alfs/* .
rm -r $TMP_DIR

it's not the most optimal thing to do, but it was derived from the
update-lfs-site script which needs to backup a few directories like the
'view' and 'faq' directories before the website itself can be updated (the
'view' and 'faq' directory aren't in CVS, they are generated from cvs code
by other scripts)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org