<textdump mode="append">

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Nov 20 18:24:58 PST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 09:01:14PM +0100, Nicolas Nieswandt wrote:
> But if you have a files that look like the following example,
> you get an ugly result. Do you have an idea to solve this ?
>
> # Begin /etc/profile
>
> export CFLAGS="-march=i386"
>
> # End /etc/profile
> export PATH=/something:/somethingelse
> export OTHERVARIABLE=""

Without implementing any AI ;), "sed" inside <execute> is probably
the best we can do for now. That's a good reason to start improving
<search_replace>, which currently can't deal with multiple lines.

Or, we could add something like <textdump offset="<line_number>"> and then
insert <content> there, but that would be waaaay too dependent of the file,
and therefore not very nice solution.

Instead of line number, we could also use a part of file's content,
but that would be almost the same as using <search_replace>.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org