<textdump mode="append">

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Nov 20 04:42:01 PST 2001

I have implemented <textdump mode="append">, but for now only that after-LFS
example use it (see other mail). Overwriting file is default.

Should we make it part of the syntax or should I remove it?
I think it's useful.

If we add it, should overwriting stay as default (when no mode is given)?
Both FE_BE and nALFS (from this version) overwrite an existing file and
I think we should stick with that. It seems more natural, and it's also
more used.

There might be a "append is less dangerous" reasoning against overwriting,
but I'm not sure how strong that argument is. If one needs to append
something to a file, he will be well aware that he wants to do that. ;)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org