Neven's alfs

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Sun Nov 18 12:25:19 PST 2001

On 2001.11.18 11:51 Neven Has wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 11:26:41PM +0000, Christophe Dupré wrote:
> > Neven has his own alfs. Fine. I then have two
> > questions:
>
> nALFS is only one implementation of ALFS. "my own alfs" sounds scary. ;)
>
> > 1: Has Neven seems to do a good work on alfs, why his
> > version is not the official one?
>
> Personally, I don't think that there is a need for an "official"
> implementation. IMHO, the most important thing is to set some official
> standards, like profile's syntax, backend<->frontend IPC in the future
> etc.
>
> That way, we can have Perl FE_BE, nALFS and tons of other implementations
> waiting to be written. :) Users could then choose the ones that suits
> them more.
>
> > 2: This second question is for Neven. Are you the only
> > person developing nalfs or are you getting some help.
> > If no, would you like to get some.
>
> Help is always appreciated, thanks.
>

> Neven

I agree, as long as we can standardise the profiles and certain other
behaviour, you can have all kinds of different implementations, text or
gui, leightweight vs all singing all dancing, even one that builds linux
from windows !!!@? :) Actually that would be cool, anyone want to do a
java version so we can theoretically build from anywhere :)

Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org