Neven's alfs

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Nov 18 03:51:46 PST 2001

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 11:26:41PM +0000, Christophe Dupré wrote:
> Neven has his own alfs. Fine. I then have two
> questions:

nALFS is only one implementation of ALFS. "my own alfs" sounds scary. ;)

> 1: Has Neven seems to do a good work on alfs, why his
> version is not the official one?

Personally, I don't think that there is a need for an "official"
implementation. IMHO, the most important thing is to set some official
standards, like profile's syntax, backend<->frontend IPC in the future etc.

That way, we can have Perl FE_BE, nALFS and tons of other implementations
waiting to be written. :) Users could then choose the ones that suits
them more.

> 2: This second question is for Neven. Are you the only
> person developing nalfs or are you getting some help.
> If no, would you like to get some.

Help is always appreciated, thanks.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org