get files from internet

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Nov 17 04:36:53 PST 2001

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 11:22:11AM +0800, Anson Chan wrote:
> is it possible to put some info in the profiles, so that when a file is
> missing in the system and we can get it from their homepage.  for example :
> when i try to build my x11 system and the source files are missing. can
> nALFS get them from ftp.xfree86.org.

Not yet, but very soon (after the next version that I'll release next week).

It can look like:

<package>
	<name>XFree86</name>
	<version>4.1.0</version>
	<location>
		http://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.1.0/source/X410src-1.tgz
		http://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.1.0/source/X410src-2.tgz
		http://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.1.0/source/X410src-3.tgz
	</location>
</package>

Then, you could point to a package, press <a_key> and it will start
downloading file(s) you specified. Probably with simple wget at first, but
I intend to implement a more controllable downloading inside the program in
the future.

Maybe even (as an option) to grab packages automatically if they are missing.
I'm not sure how yet, we shouldn't read <unpack> for that. Maybe by specifying
required files (the ones that should exist on the disk) for the package in
the new element inside it?

That's one of the good things about the new syntax - lot of useful
information can be added inside <package> now (so it doesn't look ugly).
For example, we could add <description>, <homepage> etc.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org