ALFS for LFS-book?

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Wed Nov 14 06:38:40 PST 2001

On 14 Nov 2001, at 14:49, Neven Has wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 08:24:27AM +0000, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> > I didn't follow the ALFS development the last few months, but one thing
> > always falls into my mind just before I get to sleep :)
> >
> > Wouldn't it be great to have one profile that could be used for ALFS and
> > the LFS-book? No extra profile-creating, not handling two XML-structures,
>
> Ahhh, that's my long time wish... :)
>
> Unfortunately, it would probably require some braking of book's <userinput>
> into smaller pieces and I'm not sure how much the maintainers are ready for
> something like this.

Another possibility would be to parse the shell code from the book into
XML. I'm sure flex/bison would be powerful enough to generate a parser to
parse something as trivial as

./configure --foo-bar &&
make &&
make install &&
cd /bin &&
cp foo bar

MSB

p.s.: No, I'm not volunteering to do it.

----
For sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org