ALFS for LFS-book?

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Nov 14 05:49:37 PST 2001

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 08:24:27AM +0000, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> I didn't follow the ALFS development the last few months, but one thing
> always falls into my mind just before I get to sleep :)
>
> Wouldn't it be great to have one profile that could be used for ALFS and
> the LFS-book? No extra profile-creating, not handling two
> XML-structures, ...

Ahhh, that's my long time wish... :)

Unfortunately, it would probably require some braking of book's <userinput>
into smaller pieces and I'm not sure how much the maintainers are ready for
something like this. I remember Gerard mentioned several times that he
wouldn't want to change DocBook (or whatever describe it, I'm not very good
in that stuff) of the book because it would require people downloading it
separately in order to compile the book from XML.

The alternative is using of XML comments, but that would be a double work too
somehow and it wouldn't make a book source look very pretty.

But still, I wouldn't mind that we try either of these. :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org