new dtd

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Sat Nov 10 04:18:03 PST 2001

I've started to put together a dtd for the new syntax, came across a couple
of outstanding issues.

1) link type, Neven where did you go with this in the end ? I've got it as
an attribute, but it makes very little difference.

more, any less ?

3) chroot dir, attribute or element ?

4) mount element, i just realized i'm still using this and Neven isn't,
probably makes more sense just to <execute> mount, any other thoughts
before it gets the chop ?

5) ordering of child elements, bit more of a personal taste question here i
think. As its currently written, most elements require child elements in a
particular order. From the point of view of processing these things it
probably makes no difference to us whether <param> appears before <base> or
vise versa, and this can be done in the dtd. Pro's for the enforced order
way, it provides a standard of sorts and is much easier to write the dtd.
Pro's for the more lenient way, it's easier to write profiles. Does that
make sense ? Any thoughts ? Personally i like the set ordering.

I think that covers most of it.

Mark