LFS profile using the new syntax

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Sat Nov 10 03:12:08 PST 2001

On 2001.11.07 21:48 Neven Has wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 11:04:31PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > Just had a thought about the new syntax, they take a while to filter
> > through sometimes :) Maybe the dir in chroot should be an element
> instead
> > of an attribute, this is parsed data after all. I cant imagine getting
> the
> > trouble we've had with " there, but you never know.
>
> We should get rid of that " problem in the Perl code and then stop
> worrying about it when writing profiles.
>
> I thought about "dir" as an element, but it looked kinda weird to me - it
> would be on the same depth level as all those elements inside chroot.
> It just seemed more natural to be as closest to <chroot> as possible.
>
> But that's just me. :)
>

> Neven

I know what you mean about it looking kinda odd, but the more i think about
this the more it seems wrong having any kind of parsed data in attributes.
Apart from the " thing they always seem to work ok, but I just get a
funny feeling. I ran the old profile through xmllint, the " wasn't
substituted there either, and, as i just double checked, " is perfectly
legal in a filename. Why you'd ever want to use it is another question
entirely ! It's just a real struggle finding definitive information on this
kind of question.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org