nALFS password?

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Nov 7 14:59:08 PST 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 05:03:53PM -0500, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> > For now, you have to run passwd manually (in chroot) after you're done
> > compiling.
>
> I saw that the O'Reily book on the language, "Expect," advertises it as
> being good for scripting things like passwd, telnet and others.  Is it
> worth investigating?

Personally I use it a lot and it's very useful, but I think it would be
cleaner to add that as a part of the frontend itself.

I was thinking about adding a new command in nALFS for redirecting user's
input to handler's command. So simple passwd (in <execute>) could be added
in the profile, input redirected, then password entered and input redirected
back (with some special key combo).

However, that wouldn't be completely automated compilation, so some
expect-like handler could be added perhaps?

And not only for passwd, there is also net-tools and kernel configuration
for example.

It would allow user's configuration to be included in the profile and used
instead of the default (in the easier way when copying some files, like
..config for kernel, does not help).

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org