A bad thing about ALFS in c

John Schmerge schmerge at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 6 21:58:31 PST 2001

Guys,
    I'm sorry to keep this thread alive, but let me actually make the point
that my code blurbs were attempting to make. If you are going to write an ALFS
backend in C, you are pretty much commiting yourself to writing your own
shell interpreter... Don't blame the C language for not interfacing with a
shell correctly. I do agree with you that it is tough and time consuming to
write a shell interpreter that can parse and interpret the entire bash grammer,
and therefore that C is not the best language to write the alfs backend in, but
I also contend that your reasoning for why is faulty.

-John

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org