bootin alfs

Thomas Krennwallner krennwallner at aon.at
Tue May 15 22:08:14 PDT 2001

On Tue May 15, 2001 at 09:20:52PM +0100, the boisterous
andrew sprott <andru at btinternet.com>
wrote to me:
> prior to my previous message alfs locks after the message
>
> uncompresin linux, bootin the kernal

If I remind right, this is not the problem of the linux kernel. This is a
problem of syslinux (bootloader). I think syslinux was done without the -s
option.

>From the syslinux docs:
The -s option, if given, will install a "safe, slow and stupid" version of
SYSLINUX. This version may work on some very buggy BIOSes on which SYSLINUX
would otherwise fail. If you find a machine on which the -s option is required
to make it boot reliably, please send as much info about your machine as you
can, and include the failure mode.

So give us more info about your system.

So long
Thomas

--
  ___    Obviously we do not want to leave zombies around.
_/___\     - W. Richard Stevens
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org