coasters and frisbees

mike at manaveru.net mike at manaveru.net
Fri May 11 00:26:41 PDT 2001

Quoting Bryan Dumm <bryan at bcpub.com>:

> Howdy,
>
> Looking for bug reports on the iso.
>
> Any negative experiences so far?
>
> Bryan
> --

Hi Bryan,

well, as discussed yesterday on #ALFS here come my experiences:

negatives:
-would be nice to use a password that doesn't have any of the moving keys in it
(think of azerty, qwertz, ... keyboards users) for the initial root account
-the profiles should be modified to take the boot cd into account (unable to
create anything under /mnt)
-profile 3.0 is using packages that are not on the CD (revisions and archives)

positives:
-the ALFS cd is the first bootable CD I use that detects and uses my ICH2
controller (kudos for this)

I'll try to post the modified 3.0 profile tonight, as I am working on it right
now.

regards,

manaveru

This mail sent through Tiscalinet Webmail (http://webmail.tiscalinet.be)