alfs iso

Thomas Krennwallner krennwallner at aon.at
Thu May 10 10:47:21 PDT 2001

On Thu May 10, 2001 at 10:08:43AM -0700, the boisterous
Andy <ac_ml at backslash.co.uk>
wrote to me:

> > > Haven't checked it out yet (DL'ing now, was in NYC yesterday) but,
> telnet?,
> > > tftp?, how about lynx/links/w3m?
> >
> > Hmm /me not being a fan of telnet I left it out. Should it be in???
> >
> > tftp? what for? /me confused...
> >
> > lynx/links/w3m was considered, just not added this time. What is
> everyone's
> > favorite?
>
> I don't know about tftp, but telnet will be handy. Some cheap web hosts only
> allow telnet access, and as Claudio said it is a very handy debugging tool.
> Is there a reason to exclude it?

tfptp aka trivial ftp is used in "real" xterm (like NCD14c) for downloading
their kernel. I've one at home and they are cool.

> What about nsftp too? :)

I like lukemftp, it's more ftp than nsftp ;-)

> I use lynx, but I havent tried the rest. It's nice to have a web browser
> wherever you go :)

I agree. Much documentation (like exim) is html.
BTW, I didn't remind, but is cron, mail and a sendmail(-clon [exim]) there?

so long
Thomas

--
  ___    Obviously we do not want to leave zombies around.
_/___\     - W. Richard Stevens
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org