alfs iso

Bryan Dumm bryan at bcpub.com
Thu May 10 05:08:54 PDT 2001

On Thursday 10 May 2001 15:53, you wrote:
> > 5. additional programs needed? I added wget, ftp, openssh ircii
>
> Haven't checked it out yet (DL'ing now, was in NYC yesterday) but, telnet?,
> tftp?, how about lynx/links/w3m?

Hmm /me not being a fan of telnet I left it out. Should it be in???

tftp? what for? /me confused...

lynx/links/w3m was considered, just not added this time. What is everyone's
favorite?

> > 8. What else is missing?
>
> As usual, I'll test on a wide variety of platforms.  Dunno if I still have
> any 486 MB's laying around, but if I do, should I bother throwing one
> togeather to see if it works  or are we strictly pentium and above (586+)?
> Also, the g/f has a thinkpad that's (IIRC) pentium but has only 16MB, would
> this be a good low memory situation test, or is that so low as to be out of
> the question?

Yea I built it with a i686 base at the moment. I tried i586 before, but we
found some problems. Should I rebuild one @ i586 or go lower? How about
a i586 and we find some other development for a i486 or special requirement
type of deal? I wanna take it to a fairly common level, but I hadn't planned
on making a one size fits all type of cd. Unless others want to help make that
work, as I wouldn't have that type of time... :)

Bryan
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org