LSB pre (moved to alfs-discuss)

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Tue May 8 16:13:47 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 06:20:03PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> But I dont do any of the coding, so I can't really judge when something
> is ready to be released. I'm just waiting for somebody to tell me "take
> current CVS and put together a release" and I'll happily oblidge ;)

Hrm... well the code has worked fine for months now, bough the stuff in
CVS and the (unofficial) releases David started (and i continued with).

The problem has been with having proper testing done to it, which is
what i've been trying to fix (making the unofficial releases, adding
installation instructions, etc), and i've had a select few step up at
the plate to test my profiles out (and the code), Flake (Jason) and
Kimilion (i can never remenber his name) have helped me out a little.

Anyways..nobody should be telling you when a release is ready, what's
the point of being the project leader then? :)

My best suggestion would be to try what i've been hacking together, i
posted details to CLFS earlier this morning before i feel flat on my
face, it isn't "official" ALFS material, it never meant it to be, but
this process has to start, or this project is going to die.

(i know Bryan feels somewhat the same way...but don't take my word on
that, this is all 'in my opinion' *shrugs*)

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org