hey check out my crappy iso :)

Andrew Craven ac_ml at backslash.co.uk
Mon May 7 23:40:30 PDT 2001

<snippity-snip>
> Ok so then what happens when you are using ramfs?
>
> /me just little confused as I am using ramfs already, I see
> your point, but am unsure about overmounting this way...
>
> would it be like
> mount -t ramfs ramfs /etc
> cp -a /etc /etc
>
> :)?
>
> Bryan

Personally I think I will just create a ramfs disk, then unpack a tarball into
it with everything that should be in it.

i.e.

chroot to the root of your new disk (be it CD or otherwise), then softlink
things like /var to /ramdisk/var. Create everything you need in /ramdisk, then
tarball it all up and unpack it to /ramdisk on boot. Simple.

./andy

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org