My own alfs

Felipe Contreras al593181 at mail.mty.itesm.mx
Mon May 7 21:40:49 PDT 2001

Hi guys,

I've been working on some bash scripts on my own since some time and right
now I'm very proud of what I've done, even thought this scripts are very
simple they do their gob very nice. Basically it's just a script that
receives a parameter about what should be installed and based on a list of
apps it outputs another script that does all the job on a fancy way. It's
very easy to add new apps to the list, for example:

opt:[mpg123]:mpg123-0.59r.tar.gz:mpg123.diff

Also you'll need a script that will be executed when cd'ing into the
directory after untaring and patching, just like the ones in lfs-commands.
It has also a lot of other features for example everything output is saved
in logs so you can track what happened.

If you want to take a look at this untar the file, check the "conf" file and
the places of your tarballs. All the tarballs requiered to build the lfs
system should be in a directory with a subidrectory called "base" where all
the packages of the lfsbook should be. Now if you run "./setup
bash-static,gcc-static" you get the output of the script to install bash and
gcc statically, so...

./setup bash-static,gcc-static > i
./i

Well, I hope someone likes this script, personally I love how I can sit down
and wait until this scripts builds a complete LFS system in just 3 stages...
just because the logins an outs, I've not worked on it.

Well here you have my two cents, any comments?

Felipe Contreras