Fwd: Frontend

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon May 7 12:13:01 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 01:12:44PM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> alfs_app is the backend, right?

No, it is more the backend and frontend mixed together.

> Let's say I want to make a simple perl frontend that will communicate with
> the backend using XML messages, how would I go about it?
>
> I remember some IPC work that took place on the mailing list, but that never
> got committed. Is my memory right?

David was hacking away at that, i was putting up tarballs up in my junk
pile (http://junk.highos.com/ALFS/) and slowly adding stuff to it/making
it easier to install.. but then i haven't heard from him in almost two
weeks, work always gets in the way ;)

Open up the latest tarball i have up there and check it out, should
answer a few questions about how it can be done..

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org