New to ALFS

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Jun 29 14:47:19 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 12:06:22AM +0200, Lederrey Guillaume wrote:
>   I suppose all reports should go to the mailing list.  Who is in charge of updating the CVS tree ?  Is there somewhere a manual keeping track of the idea being discussed ?
> (If not, I'd be willing to do that).

Yup, all reports should be posted here.. as for CVS, that's on hold
untill we sort out a few more issues, but i am the LFS CVS
Administrator. (with Gerard being the other guy)

>   Last question : I think I understood all "programming" is done in Perl.  Is that right ?  (I know, it is in the archives, but I havent read them yet.  I dont know Perl at all yet.
> Is it hard to learn ?  (Coming from Dephi, Java, C, SmallTalk, bash, ...)

Yes, the previous implememtations (the stuff in ALFS's CVS and the stuff
up on quasar are in perl, both done differently) but all are perl
hackers seemed to have disappeared, so unless someone stands up and
wants to take charge of it, i'm going to be reimplementing it in C.

>   Now I'll need some time to read everything and get started.  You'll get my remarks soon ...

Good to hear!

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org