Getting Started?

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jun 28 21:13:50 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:05:59AM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> There are no lame questions, only lame answers...  :)

Well said.

> There is some very initial documentation at http://cvs.linuxfromscratch.org/index.cgi/ALFS/docs/syntax/syntax.txt  The only problem is that there is no code to process that style of profile yet.  There are some older style profiles available at http://quasar.highos.com/ALFS/  you may want to check some of those out.  This project really is just getting going again, so, if you seriously want to get involved, I'd suggest reading the archives of some recent postings to this list.   Go to http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdiscuss/2001/06/ to find them.

There is no real documentation right now.. ;)

So it's all install and run it, do it the hard way.

I would suggest downloading the latest be/fe perl implemenatation David
was working on from http://quasar.highos.com/ALFS/ALFS-0.0.7.tar.bz and
installing that. (like Jason suggested)

Then giving my profiles a shot;
http://quasar.highos.com/ALFS/highos-profiles-0.1.tar.bz2  the 3.0
profiles have some issues, which i need to sort out so your best to
stick with the 2.4.4 ones, unless you want to have some fun debugging ;)

The only real way to learn howto write an ALFS Profile, would be to look
at how i've done mine, which should give you an idea of howto get
started.

If you have more questions thou, keep asking =)

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org