preliminary attempt at one DTD

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Jun 21 09:33:50 PDT 2001

> My cheap criticism: how do we keep track of versions of
> dependencies?  ( like needing a certain version of QT )

	Nothing is cheap here :)  The more I think about it, the more complicated
package managment gets when you're compiling from source.  Certainly it will
require a database of some sort as there are really alot of variables to
cover, esp. considering some packages don't use standard devel tools.
	I think we are somewhat far away from actually having a working PM system,
but definatly, discussion should be ongoing so we don't lose sight of the
goal.

~jay

--
| Jason at tommyk.com |