preliminary attempt at one DTD

Chris jcore at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jun 21 00:34:39 PDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 02:00:47PM +0800, corey at axcelerant.com wrote:
> And upon Wednesday of June 20, the illustrious Jason Gurtz spake thusly...
> > There's a TODO thread here:
> > http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdiscuss/2001/06/

I'm going to have to take a look at this also.  Is alfs going to be team or contribution based (or other)?  I've got the itch to do some serious programming and design work with a group of guys who Have It Together (TM) and I figure that now's my chance.  I would hate to see a bunch of people start working on the same thing and end up with incompatible design/code though.

>   Perhaps my first contribution could be to create a task tracking
>   list/database.

I think this would be a very good idea.  Perhaps we can implement the idea of checking out and turning in tasks (in the library sense, not the CVS sense) complete with late fees! (er, sorry about the late fees, bad joke...rather, we can have tasks "checked out" for a period of time until they become stale and can be taken over by someone else or something...)

Anyway, I'm going to go clean up some more things with the initial DTD I wrote and try to start on a system profile DTD.  Someone asked earlier if more than one <programming> element should be used...and yes, that's why I chose to put %ProgrammingLanguage;+ in the DTD (as opposed to %ProgrammingLanguage;?).  I also agree that we should leave as much as possible up to the XML parser, even if it results in larger file size.

--
Chris
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org