FW: Li and kernel panic

David Lautenschlager ldangi1 at qwest.net
Wed Jun 20 06:43:47 PDT 2001

Well, I got home and found out I had given you the wrong
solution to the serial # problem.
If it is the serial # problem either type at the LILO:
prompt:
	linux x86_serial_nr=1
or in the /etc/lilo.conf ad the following in the global
section:
	append="linux x86_serial_nr=1"
and run /sbin/lilo -v -v

In either case re-compile the kernel and turn of the"Disable
P-III CPUI" feature.

good luck,

Dave

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org