Defining ALFS and it's initial goals. (was Re: Fwd: Re: Moving on)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 18 13:34:07 PDT 2001

<cut>

I agree we should 'drop' most of the issues now and just get a base
working. Let's get a new profile syntax and one program/script that
parses XML and builds accordingly. We can split the code up into
front-end and back-end when we are ready to add network support (we may
as well split into fe/be and network suport all at the same time. fe and
be have to communicate, so what better way than network even if it's
just localhost stuff (ie no tcp/ip but unix domain socket or something.
it'll be a start at least).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org