Defining ALFS and it's initial goals. (was Re: Fwd: Re: Moving on)

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Jun 18 00:04:27 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 12:36:07AM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Let's distribute the work. Jesse, you're in charge of doing that part since
> you know the current syntax better than anyone else. People, suggest things
> to Jesse, and Jesse, ask a lot of questions. This will be fixed in no time,
> and then we can get on with more important things. Of course, you don't want
> something perfect right now, just something workable.

sure.

> Corey Cox said he would try starting it on Sunday, I think we can put him in
> charge of the DTD. So people, give suggestions to Corey, and Corey, ask a lot
> of questions. ;)

nods.

> Is Jason still in charge of the ALFS documentation? Does anybody else want to
> be in charge of documenting the syntax? (I don't think having a master
> documenter for the whole project is a good idea. Let's have master
> documenters for each little subtask.)

He is still interested last i talked to him, as is Gerard, iirc.  I'll
let them speak up though, and take on tasks that interest them.

As i will be doing the syntax updating, we should start doing the docs
from the get go, as is writting the DTD, but i'll contact Corey for
that.

> I say build a module and then make an interface, be it cli or web-based. Are
> we still going with perl or not? Anyway, I say let's start thinking before we
> start coding.

I don't care if we go with perl, but for that to happen someone needs to
step up and code it, else i'm going to most (likely) start writting a
basic one in C, i've had emails/discussions from ppl that would at least
help me out questions/looking at the code, so i feel confident.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org