[Re: paramX attributes]

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Sat Jun 16 11:17:20 PDT 2001

Simon Perreault <nomis80 at videotron.ca> wrote:
> On Saturday 16 June 2001  1:53, Michael Heca wrote:
> > Yes. Order is defined by position in XML source.
>
> Totally, and this is why I think it is bad. Order *shouldn't* be defined by

> position in the XML source, or else you're just writing a script.

This could be fixed easily using XML, here is how.  Adding an attribute to
our param tags of index (or whatever) with a default value.  Now the
backend puts all of the index <param>'s in order of index and adds all of
the default ones at the end.  This way it is both ordered by index and by
teh order in the XML with index being preferred.  This allows for easier
editing - if you want somethign first you just change its index to 1
(possibly having to change a couple other <param>'s.)

By the way  - is anyone working on the DTD yet?  I'll _try_ to get started
on something on Sunday - but I lost all of my old work.  Could someone
reply with the locations of most of the current profiles?  We need to
start with something that still works with those - and then we have a lot
of improvement to make.

--
Corey Cox.

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org