paramX attributes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 16 09:49:26 PDT 2001

> > go through it in the proper order of configure, build install. It may
> > not do that right now but it should
>
> Totally.
>
> *taking notes*

Though the nature of markup languages don't work in such a way normally
speaking.

We have talked about smart front-ends that can obtain a default profile,
or have the user feed them one. The front-end could then check this
profile and if it finds things in the wrong order, re-order it and send
the modified version to the backend. It's cheating I konw, but it may
get the job done and that way the xml profiles are more error resistance
because front-end does some sanity checking.

Where is that schematic we came up with a long time ago. Yeah i know
it's in the archives. UHm by head, we had something like this:

user <-> fe <-> profiler <-> be

the profile is the step that takes a profile, does sanity checking, then
feeds that to the be. We talked about includign the profiler part into
the fe. As the fe is going to be the smart part of the contraption
anyways, it may as well be very smart and sanitize profiles.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org