paramX attributes

Michael Heca michael.heca at email.cz
Sat Jun 16 09:28:30 PDT 2001

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 11:20:15AM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:

> > I prefer subtags <param .../>.
>
> Totally. Or I would suggest, as I have suggested a few months ago on some
> alfs mailing list, to use a single attribute param that would contain all the
> parameters separated with spaces.

With subtags <param.../> wee may use next construct:

<package name="jed" .../>
  .
  .
  <option name="withx" caption="With X" hint="Install X windows extension">
    <description>Install xjed and other x files...</description>
    <require package="XWindows"/>
  </option>
  .
  .
  <configure>
    <config>
      <param _="--prefix=/usr"/>
      <param _="--with-x" ifoption="withx"/>
    </config>
  </configure>
  .
  .
</package>

Front end parse it and allow user to select option withx if have instaled
XWindows and send backend command

<backend>
  <install package="jed"/>
    <option name="withx"/>
  </install>
</backend>

for instaling jed with Xwindows extension.

Backed found package definition and source (on local repository or global
repository on internet) and install it with x extension.

It's simple definition of optional instalation and profile will not be
simple order of commands.

uffff.
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org