Profile Syntax

didbaba didbaba at free.fr
Sat Jun 16 06:36:20 PDT 2001

*****

The copy tag :

I think, we must add some attribute to use the -a or -R ( <param>-R</param> )
or if it is hard coded and don't use the cp of the system, we must think to a way to add some options.

ex :

<cp>
	<link /> or <no_link /> # to copy the link or the target of the link
</cp>

or

<cp>
	<param>-R</param>
</cp>

It's necessary for installing the header kernel.
I think it's better to use at minimal the <command_system> tag, right ? But do we have to implement all the option of cp in the tag, or only the one that we use in the LFS book. (not a good idea because there will be many other profile)

Certainly the profile syntax can't be stopped, and there will be numerous version, what is the number of the actual profile ? 0.0.1 ?

*****

add a check_installed_file tag to use in
<preconfigure>
	<check_installed_file>
		<log_file>/mnt/lfs/usr/src/log/gcc_2.95.3.file</log_file>
		<temporary>/mnt/lfs/tmp</temporary>
		<root_file>/mnt/lfs</root_file>
	</check_installed_file>
</preconfigure>

and the same in <post_install> </post_install>

Because everybody here use a little script to know what file are installed,

*****

change the make_install tag to support a command like :
<make   param1="-e"
		param2="tooldir=/usr"
		param3="install-info"
		dir="&buildDir;/&binutils-dir;" />
instead of using <make>

I prefer the second way because behind <make> and <make_install> there is only one programme : make with different target

--
didbaba