paramX attributes

Thomas Krennwallner krennwallner at aon.at
Sat Jun 16 00:47:03 PDT 2001

On Fri Jun 15, 2001 at 09:00:05PM -0600, the boisterous
Jesse Tie Ten Quee <highos at highos.com>
wrote to me:
> > I prefer subtags <param .../>.
> Using more tags and less attributes will make the XML look nicer (at
> least, imo) but it will also make the XML bigger and longer.

Thats true, but xml was chosen because of its simple reading nature. And with
attributes, its definitely harder to read. I'd  say that the subtags method is
the wiser. If a profile is big (say 100k), why shouldn't we gzip/bzip2 this
chunk of utf-8? ;-)

So long
Thomas

--
  ___    Obviously we do not want to leave zombies around.
_/___\     - W. Richard Stevens
Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org